SGI Innovation and Incubation Center (SIIC) :
- To nurture the spirit of entrepreneurship among some talented and ambitious students, the concept of Incubation Center at academic Institute has gained ground.
To prosper technology project and to facilitate practical application of knowledge for public use.
SIIC-SGI wishes to facilitate the creation of ideas and inventions in the benefit of society.
The center would act as a practical platform to foster learning, research and innovation in varied areas of technology and management. The concepts will take a practical shape under the constraints of time and economy. Though the result would be immaterial but the efforts put behind the project are very important and would always be appreciated.
The concepts by one or more members of the academic staff, students and/or alumni of the institute will always be taken in to consideration by the committee. The center would facilitate the innovators/learners/researchers to bring their germinating ideas to take a practical shape.
Objectives of SIIC:
1. Promote interaction with, and resourcing Technology / Expertise from the faculty members & students in the institute.
2. Incubate novel technology & business ideas into viable commercial products or services.
3. Organizing competitions to promote technological creativity & innovation among students.
4. Extending incubation support through knowledge inputs from institution’s faculty & alumni, and also through provision of functional space for student-led start-ups.
5. Partnering with reputed entrepreneurship promotion bodies, organizations, societies in order to have our students benefit from their inputs.