ESTABLISHMENT: Civil Department established in 2011.
DEPARTMENT VISION: To be an eminent department producing competent civil engineering graduates, developing perceptible research to render quality professional and community service.
To create an ideal ambience for learning by integrating theory with practice.
To provide students with opportunities to pursue research to find solutions to the challenges in civil engineering.
To interact with industries in addressing issues concerning infrastructure, resources utilization and environmental protection.
PROGRAMME EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEOs):
“In the present context, higher learning institutions offering engineering programme in India have evolved into adopting an outcome based education. The performance of any programme is evaluated based on the outcome of the graduates rather than outputs. The Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs) formulated for the civil engineering programme are listed below.”
“Graduates of Civil Engineering Programme after a few years of Graduation will acquire their ability to:”
1. Technical knowledge: Possess a mastery of fundamental knowledge, problem solving skills, engineering experimental abilities and design capabilities for advancing in their carrier.
2. Professionalism: Practice the civil engineering profession and follow professional and ethical standards in executing civil engineering and multi-disciplinary projects on a global level.
3. Self-Learning: Cope up with advanced technological social, economic, environmental changes through life-long learning with effective team work, communication skill and leadership qualities.
PROGRAMME OUTCOMES (POS) :
Following are the list of Programme Outcomes (POs) selected for the Civil Engineering programme:
The students should be able to acquire the following outcomes by fulfilling the objectives (POs) after successful completion of the courses.
1. An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering to solve civil engineering problems and design the civil engineering projects
2. An ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyse and interpret data related to civil engineering
3. An ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety,manufacturability, and sustainability
4. An ability to function on multidisciplinary teams in construction related activities
5. An ability to identify, formulate, and solve civil engineering problems
6. An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility while discharging civil engineering related works
7. An ability to communicate and present the civil engineering concepts effectively
8. Acquire broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context
9. A recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning to update the knowledge in civil engineering field
10. A knowledge on contemporary issues related to civil engineering practice
11. An ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for civil engineering practice and project management.